Secluded Retreat Center in Northern New Jersey
Conveniently located just 45 minutes from New York City and Newark, NJ in the scenic Northern New Jersey Highlands, Camp Vacamas is among the most popular retreat venues in New Jersey.
Founded in 1924, Camp Vacamas sits on 230 private, wooded acres surrounded by the beautiful Norvin Green State Forest.
The grounds boast some of the best hiking trails to be found in northern New Jersey, and a crystal clear, spring-fed lake that’s ideal for canoeing, fishing and other on-the-water activities.
- The Labadorf Learning Center – A year-round facility that features sleeping quarters for up to 76 guests, a large teaching kitchen and full dining room, as well as three conference rooms, a computer lab and large lounge area.
- Hayden Lodge – capable of housing up to 64 guests in two separate dormitories that are ideal for co-ed groups. The Hayden Lodge also offers stunning views of the lake and surrounding countryside.
- Leonard Franklin Theater Complex – Offering dormitory-style accommodations for up to 32 guests
- Cabins – The center also offers winterized cabins with sleeping quarters for up to four guests, and rustic summer cabins that can sleep up to 20.
Activities and Facilities include:
- Private lake for swimming, boating, fishing and beach barbeques
- Indoor and outdoor basketball courts
- Baseball diamonds
- Volleyball court
- Soccer field
- Arts and crafts center
- High and low ropes courses
- Multi-use indoor gymnasium
- Library for research, quiet reading, storytelling and creative writing
- Numerous cook-out facilities and campfire circles located throughout the grounds
Camp Vacamas is the perfect venue for your next:
- Corporate Retreat
- Team Building Retreat
- Youth Retreat
- Wedding Retreat
- Silent Retreat
- Yoga Retreat
- Family Reunion
Connect with us on LinkedIn.